Treadmills are probably one among the best ways to get a full body workout. And the best part is you can get this right in the comfort of your house. You need not visit a gym in the midst of your busy schedule. If you’ve been hunting for the right treadmill all this while, then you are at the right place. In this article, we’ll talk about two most sought after brands when it comes to treadmills – NordicTrack and Life fitness Treadmill. Keep reading to know what these brands have to offer and which of the two fits your budget and fulfils all your requirements.
- NordicTrack’s most popular treadmill series comprises of traditional treadmills and incline trainer treadmills.
- There are some models that have touch screens as well.
- Another point worth noting is that all the models support iFit Coach app. This app is an added advantage as it allows the user to have an access to unlimited workout program downloads. Not just this, you get a customized training advice as well.
Traditional NordicTrack treadmills
Let’s talk about one of the most popular treadmills that fall into the category of traditional treadmills offered by the brand.
- Under this section, you’re bound to find 3 different types –
- The entry-level T Series
- The higher spec Commercial Series and
- The Commercial Incline Treadmill Series.
Each of the models in the above series have their unique set of features to offer.
- Talking about the design and construction, NordicTrack treadmills are strong, durable and sturdy, without a doubt.
- You get a comfortable cushioning that leaves you with no complaints whatsoever.
- What better than doing your workout without the person in the next room getting disturbed? Yes, that’s exactly what this brand promises. The operation is smooth and quiet.
- These treadmills have tracks that are wide enough to let you run without facing any issue.
- No matter what model you choose, you can stay assured that it holds the capability to get folded. This thereby ensures easy storage as well as transportation.
- Treadmills have a lot to do with the motor size. Here, it ranges from 2.5 horsepower to about 4.25 hp.
- All the treadmills come with a built-in iFit app that allows you to choose from a range of workouts.
- In most cases, the warranty offered is 10 years on the frame, 2 years on parts and 1 year on labour.
- You can enjoy an inclination running experience, the level of which goes up to 12% in case of T series models. If going for commercial series models, an inclination setting from -3 to 15% is what you get to choose from.
- A screen is yet another area which users pay attention to. Here, the models come with a screen size of 10 inches to 22 inches.
INCLINE TRAINER TREADMILLS
These treadmills from NordicTrack are high on demand too.
- Enabled with iFit.
- Horsepower range : 3.75 to 4.25
- Screen size: 10 to 32 inches
These are the treadmills for those who wish to accommodate this machine at your workplace.
- They have an extra belt that’s cushioned and tested as per the 9 to 5 requirements.
- The feature is built into the desktop and you can easily connect it with iFit on your tablet
- You get the statistics of the workout session
- New workout everyday
- Easily foldable
- Comes with a self-cooling DurX motor
- Built-in iFit app
- Quiet operation
Watch the Video till End
Life fitness is known for making the world’s first fitness equipment (a stationary bicycle) that has computerized workouts. Later, the company stepped into making treadmills and other cardio machines.
- The build quality is super impressive. Some models have the calibre to hold a user weight of about 400 pounds.
- The track rollers are large, making it easy to use on all floors. Also, the tracks are wax-free.
- Maximum speed: 12 mph
- Track length range: 55 to 60 inches long (depending on the model). The width is in the range of 20 – 22 inches.
- The inclination offered by these treadmills goes up to 15%. The user can choose from 0.5% to 15% as per the requirement.
- Life fitness treadmills are equipped with powerful motors up to 4 hp. Point worth mentioning is that the motor detects the user weight and delivers the output accordingly.
- Almost all the models come with water bottle holder, trays and reading tracks.
- Some models offer adjustable cushioning, thereby enhancing the user comfort. All the treadmills come with a FlexDeck system that boasts of reducing the impact by 30%.
- You get electronic safety locks.
- You can monitor your heart rate while working out.
- You get about 14-15 built-in workouts (depends on the model, though)
Watch the Video till End
Both NordicTrack and Life fitness are well-known brands when it comes to fitness equipment. Their models are unique in their own way. If talking about features, Life fitness has comparatively more and hence the price is also expensive. If you’re focus is on a good set of advanced features, then Life fitness should be your pick. But if a treadmill with decent features under a budget is your target, then go for NordicTrack.
Frequently asked questions
- Do treadmills tone just legs?
Treadmills assure the user of a full body workout. Be it arms, legs, shoulders, calves – a treadmill covers it all.
- Are treadmills worth investing?
Yes. Since you get a full body workout right at the comfort of your house, they are surely worth considering.